Fulham ban ‘subject’ amid reports of Kamara arrest

first_imgFulham have confirmed that a ‘subject’ was arrested and indefinitely banned from all club activities amid reports that Aboubakar Kamara was involved in a bust-up with a member of security.It is alleged that the French attacker had visited Motspur Park in an effort to discuss his future at the club with chief executive Alistair Mackintosh, but became violent when a meeting was denied.A police statement, as per The Guardian, read: “One man, in his 20s, was arrested on suspicion of ABH (actual bodily harm) and criminal damage. He has been taken into custody in a south London police station. Inquiries continue.” Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? A statement from the Cottagers confirmed the incident at Motspur Park on Monday but did not disclose the identity of the person arrested.”The club is grateful for the swift attention and action by the Metropolitan Police immediately following our reporting of the incident on Monday,” the club said.”The subject who was arrested is banned indefinitely from Motspur Park and all club activities.”We will refrain from further comment but will stress that we will fully cooperate with any new or continuing investigation or legal proceeding in the name of providing everyone a secure and safe working environment.”Kamara had previously been forced to train with Fulham’s Under-23s after two recent incidents saw him dropped from the senior playing group.It was only last month Kamara made headlines in the match against Huddersfield after grabbing the ball off the team’s designated penalty taker Aleksandar Mitrovic and subsequently missing the spot kick.Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri was unhappy after the incident, claiming he wanted to ‘kill’ the Frenchman for disobeying his orders.However the Italian coach forgave Kamara after he apologised to the squad and included him as a substitute for their next Premier League match against Arsenal.Kamara joined Fulham in 2017 after making the move from French club Amiens.Recent reports have linked him with a transfer to Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor after he was left out of Fulham squad for their recent league games against Burnley and Tottenham. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Details

UN Sudanese officials meet to prepare for next stage of action in

Jan Pronk, Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s Special Representative for Sudan, and Foreign Minister Mustafa Osman Ismail met in the capital Khartoum to discuss preparations for the next meeting Thursday of the Joint Implementation Mechanism (JIM), which will focus on the status of implementation of the 3 July joint communiqué between the UN and the Sudanese Government, as well as the Darfur Plan of Action.The two co-signed a letter transmitting to Mr. Annan and Sudanese President Omer Hassan Al Bashir the text of that plan, which was agreed to last week and approved Sunday by the Sudanese Cabinet.On the humanitarian front, a spokesperson for the UN refugee agency expressed concern that in West Darfur State the local authorities and the Government of Sudan were continuing to pressure IDPs to return to villages that are not safe and do not offer any possibility of a decent life, since most of the crops have and homes have been destroyed by rampaging militias.In South Darfur, meanwhile, the Government has said that it intended to move tens of thousands of IDPs now living in Kalma camp and Kas town – where international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and UN agencies estimate the number of displaced people at about 40,000, outstripping the number of original inhabitants – both near the state capital of Nyala.In Mornei, Sudanese authorities have announced their intention to move displaced people from a makeshift camp into a new camp to be called “New Mornei.” The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has consistently told the government at all levels that any movement of IDPs must be entirely voluntary, because people who have already suffered the trauma of being chased from their homes by armed militiamen do not need the further trauma of another forced move, spokesperson Jennifer Pagonis said.”The government is posting policemen in empty villages in an effort to convince displaced people that it is safe to return to those villages. However, displaced people tell us they are not reassured by government policemen and do not feel the time is yet right for their return home,” Ms. Pagonis said.Meanwhile, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said that despite Sudanese pledges to improve humanitarian access made under the 3 July communiqué, agencies report that humanitarian access in Darfur has deteriorated over the past week.The Government has been placing restrictions on World Food Programme (WFP) flights, causing major delays in the deployment of humanitarian staff, OCHA said. Two weeks ago, the Government grounded WFP flights for two days for no apparent reason, and asked the UN agency to submit detailed weekly reports on passenger flights and cargo shipments.More international NGOs were also reporting difficulties in hiring national staff due to Government-imposed restrictions and delays, OCHA added. read more

Details

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

    Archives

    Categories

    Meta

    Tags