The Walmart in Roeland Park has been at the location for 20 years.By Holly CookRoeland Park City councilors were briefed Monday on the $500,000 improvement planned for the city’s Walmart located at 5150 Roe Ave. Replacing signs with updated Walmart logos, interior and exterior painting and remodeling the pharmacy are among the planned upgrades.The store will also update the garden center fencing and add a small bank counter. The store’s photo lab will be removed. “It’s bringing up the feel of the property…..to a standard appearance for the current Walmarts,” said city administrator Keith Moody. Moody said he expected the improvement requests could be approved by city staff and would not need to go through the city’s planning commission. Roeland Park was preparing for the 5150 Roe Ave. Walmart to close following plans for a much larger Walmart to move into the Mission Gateway. After Walmart dropped out of the Mission Gateway plan in October, the store decided to reinvest in its Roeland Park location. The renovation plans do not include any significant exterior modifications or improvements to landscaping, sidewalks or the parking lot. Moody said if Walmart commits to staying at the location these types of improvements could be eligible for reimbursement through the Community Improvement District fund. Walmart’s lease on the property is set to expire November 2021. Councilor Ryan Kellerman suggested having a Walmart representative meet with councilors to discuss future plans for the store. Moody said he had been in touch with the area’s Walmart representative but that the individual was “not really interested in having their plans discussed publicly.” Moody said the representative would not commit to meeting with the council or the economic development ad hoc committee. “He has indicated that at this point they don’t anticipate doing more than what has been applied for in this building permit for the next five years,” Moody said. Councilor Becky Fast asked if the city could encourage the Walmart landowner to improve the parking lot. “I understand Walmart is only going to do remodeling inside but it’s time for the owner to make some repairs to that parking lot and the aesthetics and to make it more warm and friendly,” Fast said. Fast noted the landowner had done “very little” over the past ten years. Michael Poppa agreed with Fast’s comments and said he would like the landowner to meet with council members. “There is a lot of room for improvement on that site,” he said.
Jinert was tasked with transporting a 240-tonne transformer from Sundsvall to Nysäter – a distance of 40 km – on behalf of DSV. The transformer measured 11 m x 3.8 m x 4.7 m. Including the truck, the combination weighed in at 327 tonnes. The transport portion of the project was subcontracted out to another company, as Jinert’s equipment was already committed to another job. The company did, however, supply four Goldhofer axles, in addition to the 16 provided by the subcontractor, and handle the skidding and manoeuvring of the heavy unit.In the planning stages of the project, Jinert identified the need for a low-profile skidding system, as Joakim Andersson, heavy project division at Jinert, explained: “We already had an extensive fleet of equipment, but we were challenged with the sliding, lifting and transportation of a transformer from a vessel to its foundation.“The planning survey meant that en route we had to unload and slide the transformer under a bridge, reload it and continue the journey, which was the most efficient method of getting it to the site. A requirement was to stay as low as possible, which is why our research led us to the Hydra-Slide product.”Jinert acquired the LP350 skidding system from Hydra-Slide after attending an open house event at Rapid Response Solutions’ (RRS) facility in Portsmouth, UK last September.When it came to using the machine, “we worked with a 10 cm margin between the transformer and the overpass, sliding approximately 35 m,” said Andersson. For the slide onto the foundation, a track length of 18 m was used with steel plates to distribute ground-bearing pressure.The skidding system was powered with a split flow pump and a hydraulic gantry was used to lower the transformer onto the skidding equipment.jinert.sewww.hydra-slide.com
Sep 26, 2015; Columbia, SC, USA; South Carolina Gamecocks quarterback Lorenzo Nunez (19) runs during the second half against the UCF Knights at Williams-Brice Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY SportsCOLUMBIA – As the University of South Carolina football team heads into the final two weeks of what is already guaranteed to be a losing season, coaches are dismissing any thoughts of looking ahead to 2016.Based on their comments leading up to Saturday’s game at Williams-Brice Stadium against The Citadel, don’t expect them to start auditioning younger players in favor of veteran starters.“Our goal is to win football games, so we need to put out the best possible players we can to go out there and achieve that,” interim coach Shawn Elliott said.Unusual circumstances may be playing a role. First off is the complex, run-heavy offense of the Bulldogs (7-3), co-champions of the Southern Conference and ranked No. 24 in the FCS coaches poll.“We have talked about it,” linebackers coach Kirk Botkin said of the possibility of giving younger players more opportunities. “We’re working a lot of guys this week, but this week’s a little different. It’s triple-option football and responsibilities.”There’s also the fact that with Elliott’s having taken over in the wake of coach Steve Spurrier’s midseason resignation, the coaches are in their middle of their own audition. There’s little time left for the staff to improve on this season’s 3-7 record and make a case for their jobs.Meanwhile, the rumor mill of potential USC coaches for 2016 is something the staff is trying to tune out.“When I come out here, I come out here to coach these kids and whatever is going to happen is going to happen,” defensive line coach Deke Adams said. “When it happens, that’s fine, I’ll deal with it then.”“From my standpoint, I’ve tried to stay as focused as can be,” Elliott said. “I told my wife on Sunday night, ‘You know, the wins haven’t been there, but I’ve had the time of my life. I’ve really enjoyed doing this and being the head football coach and interim head football coach.’ ”Before leaving, Spurrier had given freshman Lorenzo Nunez two starts at quarterback. It produced a 123-yard rushing/184-yard passing performance in a win over Central Florida and three interceptions in a loss at Missouri before Nunez injured a shoulder.Since then, Nunez has received occasional opportunities but has been pulled quickly after missed assignments.“We’ve just got to practice him and make sure he’s prepared and when he goes in that situation, make sure he takes a deep breath and thinks about exactly what he’s got to do,” Elliott said.Junior quarterback Perry Orth has started the past five games and six overall this year. Elliott would like to see more of both Nunez and sophomore Connor Mitch, who started the first two games of the season before being sidelined by hip and shoulder injuries.“They’ve got to be a big part of our program moving forward and seeing where we can go offensively with either one of them leading us,” Elliott said. “But we’re going to hopefully play the best player who can lead us to a win against The Citadel.”One freshman is expected to get his first start out of necessity. Blake Camper will take over at right tackle for Mason Zandi, who is out becuse of a high ankle sprain.USC quarterback Lorenzo Nunez (19) runs against UCF at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
FC Porto are being strangely calm over the Yacine Brahimi situation. The 28 year old winger has a contract expiring at the end of the season and that means the Dragons aren’t so far away from losing a key player for nothing. For a top Portuguese club that’s a rarity, given how they pride themselves on extracting big transfer fees.Record have a look at the situation on Friday and they state West Ham put a €30m offer ‘on the table’ in the summer. Rather than snatching it out of the Hammers’ hands, Porto left the decision to the player and he decided to stay.At that point a renewal will have been hoped for, but now a free transfer is looking likelier. Record even state Porto aren’t considering a January sale, which seems nonsensical.When the player was signed from Granada in 2014, the deal was part funded by football investment firm Doyen, on the understanding they’d get a big percentage of his next transfer fee. They protected themselves against a free exit by putting a clause in the deal meaning Porto must pay €6.5m if Brahimi leaves for free.Lazio are said to be interested, on a free, and several English clubs, including West Ham, have also been linked with regards to taking the player next summer.Despite the stance Porto are taking publicly, their determination to keep the player will surely be tested if a reasonable offer arrives in January.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is a Must-Have. No Install.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoPerfect-Dating.comReveal Tung Chung As The Best City to Date for Love & RomancePerfect-Dating.comUndoDating.comWhere do attractive singles meet in Tung Chung?Dating.comUndoStanChart by CNBC CatalystWill Blockchain Reduce the Global Trade Finance Gap to Reach the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals?StanChart by CNBC CatalystUndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndoTheTopFiveVPNEnjoy Netflix Now Without Any RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPNUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題Undo
2 The Portuguese coach was sent to the stands during United’s goalless draw with Burnley 2 There were times towards the end of his second Chelsea reign when Mourinho looked and sounded tired of it all. Yet, when I travelled to Manchester to interview him at the start of the season, he was in both relaxed and charming form – he seemed happy with life in the Lowry, and cut a refreshed and energised figure ready to give his dream job a proper go.Three months later, as he sat in the naughty seats at Old Trafford, watching Burnley’s Tom Heaton save all 8,350 shots with which the home side peppered the Burnley goal, the image was more reminiscent of the man I saw 12 months ago. Angry, frustrated, weary.One thing intrigued me ahead of my interview with Mourinho. It is standard practice in football to send questions in advance; some will get knocked back as journalists try to dig a little deeper than agents and club representatives like you to. Most I sent were approved, but one that found itself struck off focused on the hugely impressive cast list of Premier League managers on display this year. Was he returning to England to compete with the strongest set of coaches he had ever faced, I wanted to ask: Guardiola, Wenger, Klopp, Conte, Pochettino, Koeman. Question rejected.Whether Mourinho ever had sight of it is open to debate – my guess is no – but it was clearly deemed a potentially sensitive issue. You can now see why, as Mourinho – at 53, older than everyone named above apart from the indefatigable Wenger – finds himself lagging behind all of them, and in that order.His team has fewer points than the other big guns, and are playing less impressive football – a recipe, if things continue, for him to become the Fired One. This article is from the current edition of Sport magazine, the brilliant, free weekly mag packed full of must-read content. Follow Sport on Twitter, like them on Facebook or download the FREE iPad app here to see the full issue.Since the start of the last Premier League season, Jose Mourinho’s managerial stats make for grim viewing: 26 matches, eight wins, six draws and 12 defeats. Chuck in four FA charges, too.Some managers would kill for such a record, of course. Sam Allardyce has pretty much built his reputation on it, while poor David Moyes can only dream of such a return as Sunderland limp from nightmare to nightmare. Will someone please put that man out of his latest bout of enduring misery?But not the Special/Happy/Whatever One. Not Mourinho. Even if you disregard from that record the 16 (largely awful) Chelsea performances he oversaw last term, the four wins and three draws from 10 league games at Manchester United this season are underwhelming in the extreme. More worrying still, perhaps, is the way in which United are playing: be honest here, there is no discernible difference – and thus no discernible style – from the dismal fare served up by the widely reviled Louis van Gaal last year.
The growth registered in the final figures of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during last two years was better than the provisional estimates of FTAs. The Ministry of Tourism is currently in the process of formulating a National Tourism Policy 2015 with the aim of positioning India as a ‘Must Experience’ and ‘Must Revisit’ destination for global travellers, encouraging Indians to explore their own country and realising the potential of tourism as a major engine for economic growth, employment generation and poverty alleviation in a responsible framework. During the consultation process with stake holders for getting input for the policy, one of the suggestions received for the Policy includes the setting up of a National Tourism Authority/Board.