Photo: Kambala has started coaching courses at LSPA and hopes to…

first_imgPafbet has set up a special scholarship to help talented athletes continue their careers in a new quality and engage in lifelong learning processes, taking care of athletes after they have completed active sports. The first such scholarship was won by former basketball player and current boxer Kaspars Kambala. Content will continue after the ad Advertising For a talented and versatile athlete, this September has been the same as for every student – with the return to the school bench. He has already spent the first day at the Latvian Academy of Sports Pedagogy, where he will learn the profession of a category C coach. The duration of the training is ten months.“Today was my first school day. LSPA C category coach courses. I’m not saying that I will run and train right away, but there is such a possibility, “Kambala said at the press conference.With this step, Pafbet unveiled its latest project that will help athletes continue to live beyond the end of their careers. “As we approach the end of our careers, education is a key moment. Many this spring realized that without sports they have nothing. I invite everyone to think about it. Education is the best investment. I hope that this project will develop in the future and that the next scholarship will be awarded to another member of the Pafbet athletes’ team soon, ”says Rihards Streiķis, the head of the Latvian department.This year, a biographical book about the basketball player “Kambala…, āmen!” By the well-known sports journalist Armands Puce has been distributed in a thousand copies. “This is my first book to be published. The first that can be read by the next generation. The story is not about basketball, ”says Armands Puče. “When writing a book, it is impossible to explain or repeat our mutual chemistry. At that time we lived with the idea of ​​working together for a year. In 2014, it was issued. This release is not traded. It’s more than a social project. “ Kambala does not plan to return to the professional basketball court. “I am slowly realizing that my sports career is over, at least in basketball, if not for the ‘Mighty Runs’, which I consider to be a gathering rather than a sport,” Kambala said. He still plans to develop his sports in the field of boxing, because, according to the athlete, fans can expect at least one more fight.last_img read more

Details

World Rugby player of year nominees announced

first_img0Shares0000England’s centre Owen Farrell (R) watches fly-half George Ford during a team training session at Pennyhill Park in Bagshot, west of London, on March 16, 2017LONDON, United Kingdom, Nov 13 – Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, Israel Folau, Beauden Barrett and Rieko Ioane have been shortlisted for World Rugby men’s player of the year.The shortlist was selected by the new star-studded World Rugby awards panel comprising World Cup winners Richie McCaw, John Smit, George Gregan, Maggie Alphonsi and former England coach Clive Woodward alongside Brian O’Driscoll, Fabien Galthié and Agustín Pichot. Once voting has concluded the panel will consider the winners of the prestigious awards which will be presented at the World Rugby awards at the Salle des Etoiles in Monte Carlo on 26 November.Farrell and Itoje both helped England to seal a successive Six Nations title earlier this year and were also part of the British & Irish Lions squad that drew their Test series with world champions New Zealand in the summer.“There have been numerous highlights from a fascinating year of international rugby that comprised an outstanding Women’s Rugby World Cup, a compelling British and Irish Lions tour, Six Nations and The Rugby Championship competitions and a superb programme of test rugby,” said World Rugby Chairman Bill Beaumont.“As ever, the selection of Men’s and Women’s 15s Player of the Year nominees by the panel has excellence as the core consideration and all are not just superb players, but role models.“I am sure there will be lots of debate over the coming weeks. I’d like to thank the panel for their expert consideration and look forward to the winners being announced at the World Rugby Awards in Monaco.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Details

Kenya 7s out of Commonwealth medal bracket

first_img0Shares0000Scott Curry of New Zealand is tackled during the Rugby Sevens match between New Zealand and Kenya on day 10 of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games at Robina Stadium on April 14, 2018 on the Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)NAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 14 – Kenya Sevens hope of winning a medal at the Commonwealth Games were dashed after suffering 40-7 loss at the hands of New Zealand at Gold Coast, Australia.Etene Nanai-Seturo scored a first half double to get New Zealand going, his second a lovely chip and chase as he spotted acres of space behind the Kenyan defence. Sione Molia also scored a stunning individual effort, bursting through three or four tacklers before diving in under the posts.After the break, Regan Ware, captain Scott Curry and Andrew Knewstubb scored to bring up 40 points for New Zealand. Samuel Oliech scored a late consolation for Kenya.Shujaa had earlier began their campaign with a 26-10 win over Canada.  Nathan Hirayama put the Canadians ahead for a 5-0 lead but Collins Injera scored on the stroke of half time to see the teams tied 5-5 at the interval.Oliech would then convert Jeff Oluoch’s try to put the Kenyas 12-5 up but Canada kept in touch through Justin Douglas’ unconverted effort which brought up the scores to 12-10 before Oliech stroked home two conversions after Nelson Oyoo and Willy Ambaka touched down to win the game for Kenya.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Details

PSG’s exit from UEFA Champions League is cruel, says coach Tuchel

first_img “From my point of view I watched Dalot take the shot. I saw the ball flying straight from his foot and for me it was clear that it was going way over the bar,” said Tuchel. “There are many things to discuss before taking the decision and I think it’s a 50-50 decision. “What makes it super hard is that I had the clear feeling that the shot was not on target, and to get rewarded with a penalty, there is no logic.” A Romelu Lukaku brace in the first half had given the visitors hope of an improbable win, but Juan Bernat scored in between to keep PSG on course. Tuchel added: “You can say that we played on this thin line for 60 minutes knowing that if we don’t score, we can blame it.” The German said the manner of the defeat, after they had dominated much of the game, was “perhaps impossible to analyse”. PSG are the runaway Ligue 1 leaders, but this is the third year running in which they have gone out of the Champions League in the last 16. “If it were a league game you would wipe your mouth and go on, but today it’s horrible and cruel,” he said. “It happens once in 100 games. We did not deserve to go out over 180 minutes, but that makes it not easier to deal with.” Catch up on all the latest sports news and updates here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates p>This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand and wife Kate Wright enjoy fun dates, crazy night outs Red Devils on a roll EPL: Saturday shock and thrills Stunned Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel said his side’s Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester United on Wednesday was “cruel” but refused to blame the match officials after the late VAR-awarded penalty that decided the tie. “I am a big supporter of VAR and I stay a big supporter of VAR,” said Tuchel, who looked white as he spoke to media after PSG’s 3-1 defeat at the Parc des Princes in their last 16, second leg. Having won 2-0 in the first leg last month, the French side wobbled in the return but were still going through until Slovenian referee Damir Skomina gave a stoppage-time penalty for a Presnel Kimpembe handball in the box, after reviewing the images. A Diogo Dalot shot had struck Kimpembe, and Marcus Rashford duly converted from the spot, as United went through on away goals.Related Newslast_img read more

Details

Top Stories

first_img Top Stories Arizona Cardinals running back Chris Johnson (23) is chased by the Detroit Lions defense during the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Duane Burleson) Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impact The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo Earlier this offseason, Johnson went on record and said he’d like to return to the desert for another season.“They want me back and I want to be back,” Johnson said on Sirius/XM NFL Radio in February. “You know how the business side goes, though. Everything’s got to be right for both parties and I can’t wait to get back out there.”Of course, Miami’s need at the position changes the picture. The Dolphins lost starter Lamar Miller, who signed a four-year, $26 million contract with the Houston Texans. Then, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter pointed out, they made a run at C.J. Anderson, but the Broncos matched the restricted free agent offer.The Cardinals are expected to start David Johnson at running back 2016, and ultimately would use Chris Johnson as a change-of-pace type. The younger Johnson stepped in and started after Chris’ injury, and performed admirably, running for 442 yards and four touchdowns on 90 carries in five regular-season starts. He also started Arizona’s two playoff games, running for 95 yards and a touchdown on 30 carries.Johnson is a native of Florida — he was born and raised in Orlando. Comments   Share   Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and selling Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retires The Miami Dolphins are looking for a running back.They’ve reportedly set their sights on an Arizona Cardinals free agent.After missing out on CJ Anderson, Dolphins moving in on another CJ: former Cards’ RB Chris Johnson, who’s visiting Miami today, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2016Johnson, 30, signed with the Cardinals in training camp last summer and went on to start nine games. Johnson ran for 814 yards on 196 carries and scored three touchdowns for the NFC West champs before injuring his knee in a Week 11 road win at San Francisco.last_img read more

Details