Share Share via TwitterShare via FacebookShare via LinkedInShare via E-mail Published: March 3, 2017 Instructions for opting into text message alertsLog in to MyCUinfo.You may need navigate to the “CU Resources” tab, and then click on “My Info and Pay.” Select “Text Alert Preferences,” and a popover window should appear.If this is your first time, there should be no numbers in this window.Select “Add/Change Emergency Text Alert Mobile Number.”Complete the portal security process of two-step authentication.Click “Add Phone Number,” and from the Phone Type dropdown list, select “Emergency Text Alert – Mobile 1.”You may see your campus and/or mobile number already populated on this form. If so, you will still need to enter the number to which you would like to receive emergency text alerts. Enter your number in the Telephone field.This may be the same number you have listed in other fields.International numbers are not able to be entered here.Numbers must be 10 digits or else it will fail to load into CU Boulder Alert.If you have another mobile number to which you would like to receive text alerts, repeat the process and select “Emergency Text Alert – Mobile 2.”When finished, click “Save.”You can verify your preferences by navigating back to the “Text Alert Preferences” tab.Over the next two weeks, all CU Boulder faculty and staff who want to receive text message alerts during campus emergencies must log in to the MyCUinfo portal to update their contact information, even if they have previously opted into the university’s emergency alert notifications.All updated information will be integrated with the emergency alert service and tested during the spring CU Boulder Alert test on March 22. The spring test for CU Boulder Alerts will be held at noon on Wednesday, March 22. The test will include text messages, desktop alerts, emails, social media and website announcements. The spring date was selected to test the implementation of a new signup process for faculty and staff affiliates of the campus.The new enrollment process achieves several long-standing goals of the emergency alert program. An immediate benefit, faculty and staff will no longer need to track a separate username and password for maintaining their contact information.Additionally, all campus affiliate email addresses will be loaded into the alert system, helping to ensure everyone will receive an email when that channel is used as part of an emergency message.Finally, this new data integration will provide a mechanism to remove people from the system when they are no longer affiliated with the university.All faculty and staff that wish to receive text alerts need to update their information, even if they have been previously subscribed to emergency messages.“In order to optimize CU Boulder Alert and directly connect it to our university’s data system of record, we must do a complete faculty and staff data refresh,” said Stuart Pike, CU Boulder emergency management director. “This new process will result in fewer issues for our campus affiliates and for the teams who troubleshoot messaging enrollment.”Additional reminders about the enrollment process will be sent to faculty and staff over the coming weeks. For more information, visit the CU Boulder Alerts website.Categories:Deadlines & AnnouncementsCampus Community
A motorcade carrying British Prime Minister Theresa May and her Belgian counterpart Charles Michel to a World War I memorial ceremony in Belgium was involved in a motorway accident on Friday, but neither leader was hurt.Police and officials said two Belgian police motorcycle escort riders were injured when a car hit the leaders’ convoy. Michel’s spokesman, Barend Leyts, described it as “an unfortunate accident,” while Downing Street said May’s vehicle had already gone past when the incident occurred.Local media said the accident happened near Mons in southwest Belgium, after May and Michel had visited the Saint-Symphorien cemetery to pay homage to soldiers who died in the war, as part of this weekend’s 100th anniversary of the Armistice.
Lee Johnson addresses the media ahead of his side’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg clash with Manchester City.
In the first three stages of the world tour in Debrecen, the “Riga” team will be represented by Agnis Čavars, Edgars Krūmiņš, Kārlis Lasmanis, Nauris Miezis and Artūrs Strēlnieks.In the final of the second stage “Riga” with 21:20 won the Serbian team “Ub”, which was placed with the seventh number in the tournament.“Rīga” won with the final whistle, Miezim broadcasting the last point of the game in the basket. In the final match, Krūmiņš scored nine points in favor of the “Rīga” team, but Lasmanis, Čavars and Miezis scored four.For the victory in the final, the Latvian team earned 40,000 US dollars (less than 34,000 euros) in the cash prize, but Lasmanis won the most valuable player award in this tournament.Previously, in the semi-final “Riga” with 21:15 won the US team “Harlem”, which was awarded the fourth number.Lasmanis scored nine points in this duel, Krūmiņš scored five points, Čavars scored one less, but three points scored at the expense of Barley.On Wednesday, the Latvian team won the Serbian team “Liman” in the quarterfinals with 22:11, which was considered the favorite of the tournament.Miezis was the most productive in the “Riga” team with eight points, but Krūmiņš and Lasmanis scored seven points.It has already been reported that on Tuesday in the group tournament “Riga” “Debrecen” won in the first duel with 22:12, but in the second game “Ub” gave up with 16:21. In the “Ub” tournament, the seventh number was posted, but the hosts were assigned the 14th number.In the first stage of the season in Hungary, the Latvian team stopped in the semi-finals and won the third place.Due to the pandemic caused by Covid-19, the first three stages of this season will take place in Debrecen. After this stage, the next tournament is scheduled for September 4-5. The second stage is called the Hungarian Grand Prix and the third is the European Grand Prix.The competition calendar still includes stages in Japan, China and the Middle East this season, but it is not known whether the competition will actually take place in these regions.It has already been reported that FIBA has frozen both 3 × 3 basketball teams and players’ individual rankings until April next year.